Thursday, September 27, 2007







It was raining here today, and I did not have my grandson to babysit, so I spent most of the day sewing. I paper-pieced the little church block from Town and Country Patchwork software that works with Electric Quilt. What tiny pieces are in that block. I made a couple errors in color placement,and may re-do it,but I'll try to post a picture of it and the other paper-pieced 6.5 in blocks I've made to replace some or all of the pinwheels and hourglass blocks. The Evening Star block is 6.5x9,so I will have to make something to space it out to 12in wide. I'm also going to enclose a picture of my grandson, Ben, taking his first steps,just 'cause he's cute! This week is our county fair, it is the largest county fair among the 88 county fairs in Ohio. Schools are out for the week as so many of the rural(that's all of them!) kids have livestock projects to tend to at the fair.The fair started Monday and runs thru Sunday,so I don't have Ben this week, as his Mom is a teacher and is out of school also. This fair is a huge deal around here. I don't know how many categories of competitions there are, must be hundreds. Everything from quilts, to horses and cattle and chickens and bunnies with everything in between. It is always fun to see the biggest veggies, the cake and flower competitions,and of course the couple of dozen quilts on display. There is new farm equipment to see, and the famous pork tenderloin sandwiches that the Pork Producers sell. The Beef Producers sell steak sandwiches, but never sell as much as the Pork Producers do. The stand is the last one on the way to the parking lot, and is is not uncommon for the line to be thousands of feet long. It's a fair tradition, along with the candy apples, fudge, and cotton candy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute Ben is Cathy, Your blocks look good. That church is something else. Keep up the good work.

Pat said...

I'm glad you were able to make the church block too Cathy! Yeah!
The star it really nice too and will look great in the quilt.

I see you also have a cute red-headed grandson. Adorable.

Hope you enjoy lots of those great fair foods for me too!

Kairle Oaks said...

Your blocks look great, Cathy! I have to admit that I've never been able to figure out how to paper piece. Someday...

Such a cute grandson!